Mechanical Organisation is the Mechanical wing of Water Resources Department Government of Maharashtra. It was established in 1959 to take up the activities like-
- Management of Earth Moving Machinery (Usage, Repair & Maintenance).
- Management of Hydraulic Gates & Hoists (Manufacturing, Erection & Repair).
- Management of Pumping Machineries in Lift Irrigation Schemes (Design, Erection & Commissioning).
- Management of Mechanical Workshops.
- Boring Activities.
- Emergency Services.
During this last Years Mechanical Organisation has made valuable contribution for the development of the State in respect of Irrigation, Water Supply & Hydro Power Projects.
Mechanical Organisation consists of:
Chief Engineer Office : 1
Circle Offices : 5
Divisional Offices :32
Sub Divisional Offices :132
Achievements of Mechanical Organisation since 1959
- Total Project Earthwork (Since
- 3,75,642 TCM
- Canal Cleaning & Embankment (Since 2002-03) -2,05,580 TCM
- Gate Manufacturing Works - 1,74,257 MT
- Gate Erection Works - 1,43,838 MT
- Boring Works - 2,79,236 Mtrs
- Lift Irrigation Schemes - 104